For Best Effect:
- The first time you burn your Diptyque candle, allow it to burn for at least two hours and until the whole top is liquid with wax. This will help your candle burn more evenly the next time.
- Before lighting your Diptyque candle, trim the wick to 1/4-inch length. By shortening the wick you allow it to burn more slowly and also avoid unsightly black smoke marks around the edge of the glass.
- After blowing out your candle, re-center and straighten the wick. Never leave a lit candle unattended. This could be a fire risk.
- Always place your candle on a level, heat resistant, non-flammable surface away from fabric or drapes.
- Choose an area free from drafts to avoid uneven burning.
- Do not place your candle on a marble or glass surface. If the bottom of the hot candle glass comes in contact with a cold material, the glass may crack.